CSF-Indonesia Seeking a Sintang Economist & Program Coordinator
CSF-Indonesia seeks a full-time Economist & Program Coordinator for our project in Sintang. The person will coordinate CSF's efforts in Kabupaten Sintang, building on the results of our Phase 1 project. This position will work closely with CSF-Indonesia’s Director and Program Manager, and the BAPPEDA (Development Planning Agency) of Kabupaten Sintang. This role offers an excellent opportunity to develop connections with stakeholders in Kabupaten Sintang, as well as bringing on the ground results as lessons learned to other jurisdictions and institutions at various levels.
The Economist & Program Coordinator will live in and be responsible for coordinating CSF’s work in Sintang. S/he will initiate necessary economic analysis to support the government of Sintang in their sustainable development planning process.
- Support the development and implementation of the joint work plan between the government of Kabupaten Sintang and CSF-Indonesia
- Support and work closely with the key officials of BAPPEDA Kabupaten Sintang on the implementation of the joint work plan
- Liaise with stakeholders in Kabupaten Sintang, including government agencies and officials, civil society organizations, local academia, and community groups
- Periodically monitor and evaluate progress and outputs against the work plan
- Organize, lead and facilitate meetings related to the Sintang Lestari Initiative
- Based on monitoring and evaluation results, conduct necessary and relevant synthesis and analysis and draw key conclusions
- Provide quarterly reports to CSF-Indonesia Director
- Maintain continuous and seamless communication with Program Manager
- Produce quarterly economic overview of Kabupaten Sintang, taking into account all necessary aspects of sustainable economic development, to be presented and discussed with government agencies, statistical agency (BPS), and other stakeholders
- Initiate and facilitate regular multi stake-holder discussions on economic development and its implication in Sintang
- Work closely with relevant agencies, such as Bappeda, Dinas Pertanahan dan Tata Ruang, Dinas Pertanian dan Perkebunan, and others, to support their work
- Based on the economic overview and stakeholder responses, develop a deeper analysis of economic development in Sintang how that relates to long term sustainable development
- Jointly develop with BAPPEDA/OPD a set of policy recommendations for achieving Sintang Lestari in the near future
Location and Travel
This position is based in Kabupaten Sintang, West Kalimantan. Travel will be limited to occasional trips to Jakarta and/or other CSF project sites.
- A master’s degree in economics and/or development studies is preferred. We will also consider candidates with a bachelor’s degree in economics and substantial experience
- At least 6 years of experience working in program management or economic analysis
- Knowledge of sustainable development, natural resource management, forest, landscape and plantation issues
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality outputs on time
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and efficient
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- English fluency is preferred
Terms of Offer
- Annual contract position based in Kabupaten Sintang, West Kalimantan
- The Sintang Program Coordinator/Economist will report to the Program Manager
- Competitive compensation commensurate with level of experience
- Expected start date November 15, 2019
To apply please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please indicate Sintang Program Coordinator in the email subject line.
Deadline for submission is Friday, 25 October 2019. This vacancy is open only for Indonesian nationals based in Indonesia.