Conservation Strategy Fund (CSF) is seeking a dynamic and motivated Training Manager to support the expansion of CSF’s global capacity-building programs in conservation economics and finance. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for creating and leading great learning experiences while having a meaningful impact within the environmental sector. The Training Manager will be responsible for building and facilitating conservation economics courses both in-person and online for environmental professionals and decision makers around the world. Applicants should have experience and interest in online and in-person instructional design, excellent facilitation and event management skills, and be familiar with environmental economics and conservation finance.
The Training Manager will work directly with CSF’s Training Director, with a focus on our new online Numbers for Nature Training Institute (N4N). Applicants should feel confident in their ability to learn new digital technologies and communicate information to a global audience.
The Training Manager will join CSF’s dynamic global team spread across multiple countries and continents. This position is flexible in terms of location and remote work, however CSF does not sponsor visas. This position will be required to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Course Development, Coordination, Execution, and Follow Up: Coordinate all aspects of N4N training courses and workshops (e.g. proposal for client/ donor, announcement and outreach, application and selection process, course logistics, participant and instructor communication, session facilitation support, contracts, course evaluations, follow up, etc.). Support Training Director with instructional design and curriculum development, and build out self-paced and virtual course modules and lessons on online platform. Produce course materials and administer course surveys. Lead event management and on-site support for in-person courses.
- Numbers for Nature (N4N) Platform Management: Manage the Numbers for Nature online platform and support country office programs with online courses hosted through the N4N platform. Manage consultants providing website technical support, and train staff and instructors on platform as needed.
- Training Archives and Knowledge Management (across CSF training programs): Coordinate internal CSF Training Committee with staff from each country office. Maintain CSF training course resource library and contact data; develop guidance documents, videos, and training for course development and facilitation; develop systems for documenting and archiving CSF training curricula and materials.
- Alumni Network Coordination: Oversee CSF alumni re-engagement campaign, manage Alumni Directory and alumni outreach via email, social media and other outlets in coordination with Communications Manager.
- Budgeting and Financial Management: Work with the Training Director to develop budgets for courses and other events. Track budget to actual for training courses and other programs.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 3-5 years professional experience
- Experience managing in-person and online workshops, conferences, or other events
- Interest and experience related to teaching, training, or professional development programs
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Teaching and curriculum development experience
- Excellent writing, communication, and editing abilities
- Experience and comfort learning and managing various digital environments and platforms
- Experience working with people from different nationalities and cultures
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, database management, social media, streaming/meeting platforms, and Google Drive
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, up to 20% of the time
Additional Desired Skills and Experience
- Academic background and/or professional experience in environmental conservation, environmental economics, sustainable development, or related field
- In-person and online facilitation experience
- Marketing and branding experience
- Graphic design and video editing skills
- Foreign language skills, particularly Spanish, Portuguese, or Bahasa Indonesia
- Experience living and working in another country
The CSF Training Manager can be based either in our Washington, D.C. or Arcata, California office. Working remotely is also an option, although the CSF Training Manager will be expected to be available during Pacific time office hours (GMT-7). Please note: CSF does not sponsor visas. Applicants should have full working authorization in the country where they will be based.
The following should be sent to [email protected]:
- Cover letter that explicitly describes how your background and experience would support the responsibilities of the position. Please be sure to address course design and delivery, familiarity with conservation economics and/ or conservation finance, and your willingness to travel. Please also include your salary expectations.
- CV or resume
- Link to your LinkedIn profile
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should therefore submit their application as soon as possible. We will accept applications until the position is filled.